Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Our beloved sister, mother, and fellow sojourner - P. Schneider

As I ponder the passing of our beloved sister, mother, and fellow sojourner in this final great stage of the battle I am stunned by the turn of events. In the great hush that has followed my receiving this news of Sister Mavis' promotion I am reminded of the words of Dwight Moody to his close friend, "When someone tells you that I am dead do not believe them. At that moment I will be more alive than I ever have been." It is this thought that brings us such comfort in the face of what seems to be an insurmountable loss. May God give us grace to press in as Mavis was pressing into the kingdom remembering her example as a willing servant, a diligent teacher and as a living sacrifice so many of us have had the privilege to partake of. We have been soberly reminded of the tenuousness of our situation. Let us be diligent to make our calling and election sure.
Peter Schneider

No comments: