Thursday, November 27, 2008

Grandad, you and Grandma did good - Dwight & Natlie duCille

Lord bless and keep you Grandad

There are so many great memories I have of Grandad and Grandma I don't know where to begin. Well it all started in 1971... just kidding. I remember dad and mom going out and leaving me with grandma and granddad for the first time that I was conscious of it anyway. I remember crying as loud and as long as I could. I was around two maybe three years old at the time so that was o.k. then. I think they got a little tired of it around my 19th birthday though. :)... I thought about that a couple of months ago and remembered the look on grandmas face, the concern for me. The pain she felt for me even though I was just being a spoiled brat at the time. Even then she was teaching me how to love without saying one word to me. As I grow up I never heard grandma and granddad say anything unkind to one another. They never rose their voices at each other. Even when we the children, grandchildren, great grandchildren probably very well deserved to be yelled at, never once did they do so. The love and respect I have for them made me try to be the best I can for them. Never mind what they taught me verbally, just watching them brought me closer to the Lord. Grandad, you and Grandma did good. I would change nothing of the time we have had together. Please forgive me of not spending more with you both. I can begin to imagine what you are dealing with. I do know this, the two of you have done the Lord's work as he led you to. So few know the sacrifices you both had to make. The Lord gave you comfort in each other for so many years. I know he will comfort you now, we love you so much Grandad. Lord bless you and keep you.


Your children Dwight and Natlie.

No comments: