Thursday, November 27, 2008

Grandma has been a constant in my life, my whole life - Mavis Ducille-Armstrong (Leasie)

Where do I even begin? You and Grandma have been involved in EVERY memory I have growing up....I was just talking about my first Thanksgiving as a married woman and brand new mom...Both of you flew out to Texas and absolutely bailed me out of that one! Grandma cooked my turkey (thank God! b/c only He knows how it would have turned out if I did it). I am so grateful and blessed to have the two most special people in my life for so long. It saddens me that my kids will not experience the WONDERFUL lessons, the FUN times in that house, the constant hugs and pats on the back from Grandma for as long as I did. I am thankful you got to spend the time you did with them though. Amaiya saw a picture of you and said right away "that's Gang-Gang, Mommy lets go to her house and play the piano." It made me smile inside because that is one of my memories in that house also. Grandma has been a constant in my life, my whole life. I knew no matter what was going on in my life, I could either pick up the phone and hear you tell me with that strength in your voice that "You will overcome." I knew no matter what I could drive up in that driveway, ring that door-bell and you were always there with a hug and a kiss....I'm going to miss that.....
I remember growing up, especially in school, wishing I could change my name. Looking back now, I'm very embarrassed to say that. Since getting older though, I can HONESTLY say I feel privileged to carry on your name Grandma. It's funny, Dustin and my In-Laws refuse to call me anything else but Mavis, while at the same time everyone else calls me Leasie.
Dustin sends his love Grandad...He'll be home on the 7Th!
We Love You My Wonderful Grandparents

Mavis Ducille-Armstrong
(Leasie)

No comments: