Friday, December 5, 2008

There can only be one Grandma and Grandad - Your Granddaughter Michele Elise du Cille

It has been so difficult to find the words. There is so very much to say... Well I will begin here and do my best to capture the words. Oh Lord, my heart is full. I have such an empty feeling inside knowing that I cannot simply pick up the phone and hear my Grandma's sweet consoling voice. That has always been all I needed as a reminder that all will be well. To hear gentle words from the wise woman and strong man I have known from birth as God's angels on earth. My sweat Grandma, she made us do book reports and math problems in the midst of the summer vacation :o). My Grandma who cooked rice and peas with every evening meal. The smell of poridge or homney most mornings and to-go-bags before every road trip. She blessed us all with the warmth of her love...God's love so incomparable to any her. There can only be one Grandma and Grandad. No feeling can ever compare to that which is felt from a hug or a hand held by either of them and of that I'm sure all agree. The unconditional love that could only be found in Grandma's arms, in her voice, in the little notes she often dropped in the mail just to say hello and God Bless You. My Grandma who never ended a conversation without reminding me that I must always be ready for the Lord. If anyone could get through to any of us that God is near, it has always been Grandma and Grandad. I'll miss the dress fittings, pins and all :0). I'll miss her clapping and waiving from the garage door to stop me from driving off, after we'd aready said our goodbyes, because she'd forgotten to tell me something or put something in my roadtrip bag. I'll miss waking up to the sound of dishes in the kitchen and watching news in the evenings. I'll miss that heart warming smile so pure, so loving, so nurturing. I'll miss you Grandma. God did so very well when He created you. And added unto it when he put you in the arms of my dear Grandfather. You are my superheros. If only we can be so blessed as to have what you and Grandad have had. Grandma and Grandad... you've done well. I Love You and you always have a special place in my heart. You will always be, constantly be... my gift from God. I am blessed to have had your love and know that I will forever feel you hear with me holding my hand through it all as you have done all these blessed years. I love You Always.

Your Granddaughter,
Michele Elise du Cille

No comments: